Re: Silly Car Tricks

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Silly Car Tricks
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1992 11:38 EDT
Hi All,

Last Fall at the Westminster VT Fraternity Tour we had one of these blindfolded
driver events.
The event was help on a grass field, and the "cones" were Orange colored
balloons filled with
water. The name of the event was the Pumkin Patch Funkhana. Instead of the
"navigator" giving
silent directions (via hands on the shoulders,) they sat in the passenger seat
and gave voice
instructions. I had a blast, as I won in my TR6, and got second best time in an
H-Prod. Bugeye
Sprite. I have to admit that it rather hard to hear my navigator in the Bugeye
due to the open
exhaust! My wife refused to get in either car if I was blindfolded, so I asked
a person I had
never met to navigate, he said "Sure." When I posted a best-time, he asked if I
wanted to try
his h-Prod. I said "SURE :-), COOL:-)" It was really fun. Prior to starting in
the Bugeye, the
race director said "Okay Bob, just floor it and side-stup the clutch when I say
"Go", ready?" I
didn't side-step the clutch! Thought it might be wierd trying to correct a spin
when I was
blindfolded. Maybe this year I can talk my wife into navigating!

rml