Another LBC back in action...

Subject: Another LBC back in action...
From: "Darrell Walker" <walker@hprpcd.rose.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 92 9:00:43 PDT

                            On the road again,

                                    or

                   "I love it when a car comes together"

Well, it's been a while since I updated the list on the progress
of my TR4A restoration project.

For those of you new to the list, or who have forgotten,  I am working
on a frame-off restoration on my 1966 Triumph TR4A.

According to my last message, I had successfully stared the engine, and
hoped to be on the road for her 26th birthday on April 9th.  I did manage
to take the fenders and doors in to be painted that day, but my first
official drive took place on Saturday (there was trip up and down the
driveway last week, but it hardly qualified for a maiden voyage).

There is still lots of little things to do, if fact the first trip was
to the hardware store to buy some screw and a new pop-rivet gun.  In the
ultimate act of faith, I took along no tools for the 10-some mile trip.

The weather was perfect, mid 80s and sunny.  The exhaust note sounds muted
but powerful through the stock manifold and muffler, much more impressive than
the previous header and glasspacks.  Everything performed flawlessly, which
is quite a feat after nearly two years of restoration.

For those of you in Northern California, I plan to have her at the British
Car meet in Plymouth this weekend, probably on Sunday (look for the SOL
sign!).

--
   Darrell Walker                 walker@hprpcd.rose.hp.com
   (916) 785-4059                 HPDesk: walker (hprpcd) /HP5200/UX