Re: Practical Classics series

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Practical Classics series
From: kristian@cs.uchicago.edu
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 92 10:48:28 CDT

        I have the Practical Classics Restoration guide for the
Spitfire.
        Apparently the magazine has had pet car projects, the
restoration of which provides a nice series of articles.  They
articles go all the way from selecting a car to the final spray with
most of the nasty jobs inbetween.  The Spitfire guide has about 30
articles in it with lots of pictures.  It is a lot like the Lindsey
Porter books, in fact Porter maybe associated with the magazine.

        Mine is paperback, I paid L6.95 including shipping (from an ad
in Practical Classics that I bought in Britain).  It seems that $19.95
is a bit pricey, but it is a decent supplement to shop manuals etc.

Kristian