Re: Engine painting...

To: british-cars%hoosier.cs.utah.edu@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: Engine painting...
From: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1992 10:53:19 CDT
paisley@cme.nist.gov (Scotty Paisley) writes:
>> How does a gearbox work anyway ?
> "Nobody knows how transmissions work, or even where they came from.
> They just arrived at car factories in unmarked crates.  The people at
> the car factories put them in their cars.  Many people believe the
> transmission was created by beings in other solar systems.  There is
> evidence to support this - mainly transmission manuals which contain
> bizarre diagrams and deranged alien commands."
>
> -paraphrased from "The Washington Post"

..and to give final credit where credit is due, it was columnist Dave
Barry. If you haven't read any of his books or columns, leave work
immediately, go to any bookstore and buy all the books of his that you
can find.

There is a great column reprinted in one of his more recent books about
his high school dates in a Minx, if memory serves. If there's any interest,
I'll track that down and probably violate all sorts of copyrights by
posting it here.

Andrew C. Green
Datalogics, Inc.      Internet: acg@dlogics.com
441 W. Huron          UUCP: ..!uunet!dlogics!acg
Chicago, IL  60610    FAX: (312) 266-4473