TR4-TR6 Transmission Fork Shaft Query

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4-TR6 Transmission Fork Shaft Query
From: mrmike@michelotti.ge.com ("Mr. Mike" Passaretti)
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 92 08:15:24 EDT
Well, I was doing final grease and prep on the "new"
transmission for Sonja, and I noticed yet another mutation.
There are no grease nipples on the fork shaft.  There are also
no "slots" in the shaft for the retaining bolts.  Is this
normal for a TR6 tranny (Which this one apparently was in a
former life?).

After determining that the "nose" for the pilot bush would
still be riding in it, so I was OK on that count, I thought I
was done finding complications with this thing...

                                                        - MM

Who really doesn't want to have the thing cut out and put the "old"
on in unless he really _has_ to.
--
passaretti@crd.ge.com                     {whatever}!crdgw1!brahe!passaret
mrmike@fasun0.ae.ge.com         {whatever}!crdgw1!copernicus!fasun0!mrmike