RE: LBM (Little British Motorcycles)

To: 76701.103@CompuServe.COM (Shel Hall)
Subject: RE: LBM (Little British Motorcycles)
From: pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@medtron.medtronic.COM (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Fri, 29 May 92 8:23:25 CDT
>I almost bought a Velocette, once.  If you don't know them, they are the
absolute, distilled essence of English single-cylinder motorcycles.

You learn something new every day.  I knew a bike dealer long ago that sold
Velocette among other brands.  I know they were high-tone, but did not know
they were British.

I guy I know had four bikes I remember at one particular time.
Wards (some Czech dirt bike)
Kawasaki Mach 3
Vincent Black Shadow
Arial Square Four (I am sure I blew the spelling)

He still has the Square Four.  He traded the Vincent Black Shadow for a Porsche
which he wrecked, then got religion.  He has a huge collection of odd cars
and bikes now, I guess, although I see him infrequently these days.  The weird
part is that of all people, he won the local Superamerica gas station contest
and was awarded the new BMW 318!

--
Login name: phile                       In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324