Re: Weber and Oil Cooler, MGB

To: bobj@meaddata.com, british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Weber and Oil Cooler, MGB
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 92 09:58:09 -0400
        A bad oil pressure relief valve is a fairly serious problem.
I think it is worth your effort to fix it.  Generally they can be
removed from the engine w/o difficulty.  A good cleaning is usually
all that is necessary.  The thing that concerns me is why the
valve is not working in the first place.  It might be indicating
something more serious (wrong oil, clogged system).  I've seen engines
fail because the oil system got clogged with old oil goop.

Woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu