advice needed on price for '53 TD

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: advice needed on price for '53 TD
From: william sadler <wsadler@copper.ucs.indiana.edu>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1992 10:31:28 -0500
My father has found a '53 TD in Texas.  The paint is orange and needs to
be re-done, but he said that everything else is solid and that it
starts right up.  He did not drive it, though.

It is owned by an older gentleman who is the only owner and who has
kept it up.  He is getting along and can't afford to keep the car.
Plus, cannot work on it anymore.

The only body damage is a crack somewhere in the hood at the front.  I
wasn't clear from the description as to where, but my father didn't seem
to feel it was a big deal.  The grill is black instead of chrome.

The car also has a hardtop in addition to a softtop.

Could someone give me a general price range for this car?  What big dollar
items could there be thatyou have to look for on TDs?  I am thinking
about buying this for myself if it is worth it.

Thanks,

Will