Jerry Kaidor is here, but can't speak

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Jerry Kaidor is here, but can't speak
From: miq@chromavac.esd.sgi.com (Miq Millman)
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 92 10:45:10 PST
Jerry just called me on the phone (since I'm the only local person that has a
phone number) to say that he is still reading, but has a net problem posting.
This will soon be rectified, but he has a slight problem for the collective
wisdom of the net:

After putting the Steering wheel center hub on his Triumph, he has found an
"extra bit".  There is a scalloped spring-steel washer about 1 1/2" diameter
and about 1/4" wide, where does this go?  The scallops have a wear mark on
the peaks, so it looks like its keeping two rotating surfaces apart.  If you
know where this goes, this should be an adequate description.

Jerry says this is sort of like Mr. Douglas' tractor on _Green Acres_ with a
big part always missing after he fixes it.  Calling Mr. Haney.....

P.S. Gossipy stuff to come when he gets back on the net.....

--

Miq Millman -- miq@sgi.com or {decwrl,pyramid,ucbvax}!sgi!miq  415 335 1041