gt6 ringjob

To: ulowell!ahrendt@harvard.harvard.edu, british-cars@hoosier
Subject: gt6 ringjob
From: ulowell!ahrendt@harvard.harvard.edu (Dave Ahrendt)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 92 07:29:00 -0500
Subject: Winged Knockoffs And DOT
To: british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu

Hi All.

        Has anyone had a problem buying winged knockoffs lately? I called
        Moss last Friday to order a replacement knockoff for my TC. The
        guy on the order line told me that the DOT has notified them that
        they can no longer sell knockoffs. The DOT claims they are a
        hazard to the public.

        He went on to tell me that they also can no longer sell the
        leaping cat bonnet emblem(sp) for Jags as well, and a few other parts
        that I've forgotten.

        I remember that all MGAs sold in Europe had the hex nuts and
        that sometime in the seventies MGBs in USA had them. Never
        thought they government would worry about knockoffs for my
        TC with all the other problems out there.

        I'm going to call some other vendors to see if they also
        have been notified. In the meantime, don't through away
        your banged up knockoffs.

        Regards,

                                Dave Ahrendt
                                46-TC, 61-MGA

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-