Re: Machine shops

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Machine shops
From: Geronimo x54903 page 951-3432 <GENDIMEN@T12SYS.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 92 09:54:32 PST
>Once I get the machine shop bill, then the bigger bill for the assembly of
>the motor will be received.  After doing it myself in the past, I decided that
>once I go to 13:1 compression, it is worth it to have someone with LOTS of
>experience build up the motor.

It's been a while since I did a motor myself, but when I did some checking
around for my '68 Firebird (350 V8), I was better off giving a shop the engine
and let them do the rebuild.  The machine work and engine kit was something
like $800.  The price for them to rebuild it was about $900 PLUS it's
guaranteed.  I guess it all depends on what you want to do, but for an
additional $100 it was well worth it to have someone else tear it down and
build it up and have a warranty.

Mike G.