CLANK IV- The project grows

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: CLANK IV- The project grows
From: Jerry Kaidor <Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
Date: 5 Mar 92 09:15:37
   CLANK IV: The project grows and spreads
    I just called the machine shop and told them to have my crank hardened.  As
you may remember, the crank needed to be ground undersized .010 inches.
Since the car is definitely a "keeper", I decided it would be wise to have the
hardening done.  This adds $125 to my machine shop tab ( ding! ).

  I thought people might be interested in seeing how much this stuff costs:
Bear in mind, this is the SF Bay Area, so stuff might be more expensive than in
other areas of the country:

     Regrind Cam:  $70.00
   Moly-coat Cam:  $25.00
  Magnaflux Crank: $22.00
  Grind Crank:     $40.00
  Harden Crank    $125.00  ( ding! )
Resurface Flywheel $30.00

   Now, I didn't really shop around for this stuff.  The place has a good
reputation with area mechanics, and they did a beautiful job on my MGA's motor
six years ago.

     - Jerry ( Soon-to-be-TR2-Driver ) Kaidor