Parts compatibility between makes; Spridgets

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Parts compatibility between makes; Spridgets
From: "DSTONE, 5-9521, BPR: 237-2322" <DSTONE@sc9.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1991 06:17 PST
     With regards to all the recent talk of what other
     components fit what brit-cars, I know this one for a
     fact: The 4 x 4" bolt pattern used by Spridgets is also
     used on GM-based 4 lug cars, ie, Vega, Skylark, etc.
     As far as compatibility goes, depending on which GM wheel
     you use on which BMC car (Oh, and please select a wheel
     from a REAR-DRIVE GM car), the center section on the
     wheel may foul with the bearing carrier on the car,
     necessitating longer studs & spacer plates. As far as
     offset goes, I know not, & this would also be affected
     by the use of spacer plates, but I've been running Vega
     GT wheels on my Sprite sporadically for 3 yrs, spaced 3/4"
     front & 3/8" rear on my Sprite, with the only bearing mod
     being rollers in front instead of ball bearings, & no problems
     so far.

          cheers-

                   dstone@sc9.intel.com

     p.s. I think this is also the Spitfire bolt pattern.
     p.p.s. I forgot: Ford 4-lugs fit Sunbeam, Datsun do
     not.