Re: SU carb solution but MORE PROBLEMS (MGB)

To: british-cars@hoosier, djd@aurora.arc.nasa.gov
Subject: Re: SU carb solution but MORE PROBLEMS (MGB)
From: Wayne Angevine <angevine@badger.Colorado.EDU>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 91 10:10:32 -0700
The failure of your recent rebuild is reminiscent of my own
similar experience on my Datsun roadster.  The culprit in
my case was an improper wrist pin clip.  Similar effects
would be caused by a wrist pin clip coming loose.  I don't
know if MGBs even have wrist pin clips, but if so, you
could be in for a lot more trouble than just a ring failure.
In fact, even if it was only a ring failure, might it
have scratched the bore?  Mine needed a sleeve - not
exactly a do-it-yourself job (well, not for me, anyway.)

Wayne