Lotus Elite for sale

To: <british-cars@hoosier>
Subject: Lotus Elite for sale
From: Shel Hall <76701.103@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 26 Oct 91 00:15:05 EDT
Folks-

This message appeared on CompuServe, and I thought I'd pass it along to
the net.  If you wish to reply, you can do so directly, to

                70323.2371@compuserve.com

although I'll pass along any replies I get, of course.

I don't know either the guy or the car ...

[boq]

    24-Oct-91  13:01:55
Sb: 1974 Lotus Elite
Fm: Paul J. Schmidt [70323.2371@compuserve.com]
To: Swap Shop

This 1974 Lotus Elite is believed to be the earliest Elite built to
North American specs and shipped to the U.S., still in existance.   Most
Lotus Elites of this vintage have problems with frames rusting out or
the body disintegrating.  Both are in excellent condition on this
vehicle.

The engine is in excellent condition.  New tan upholstery.  Beautiful
new white paint (Deltron - white - 2 coats,  clear - 2 coats,
professionally done).  The car needs some electrical work, new exhaust,
and one rear universal, small items in comparison to what has been
done.

The serial number is 74/04-0009B.

It is equiped with 2-liter 16-valve 140 hp engine, 5 speed, air cond,
alloy wheels, 205/60VR/14 Pirelli P600 tires.  Owner must sell in a
hurry, wants to get married.  Asking $10,500 for quick sale.

[eoq]

I guess selling your Elite because you "want to get married" beats
_having_ to sell it because you want to _stay_ married ....

Frankly, I've always thought the 'E' Type Jaguar was a better car to
have if you wanted to attract the opposite sex ....

Oh, you mean he already has the girl picked out?  Never mind.

-Shel