I give up. TR6 body wanted!

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: I give up. TR6 body wanted!
From: DANIELS@LMSBVX.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels/TAMU-LMSB Systems)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1991 8:58:20 CDT
Okay, I thought I could straighten out all the wrinkles in this '74 TR6,
but I just keep finding more structural problems.  So here I sit with a
very good drivetrain (w/ overdrive), a good set of interior bits (including
new wood and vinyl for the dash), and a set of poorly repaired, crumbling
body panels and frame.  When I bought it (in Iowa), it was not obvious that
it had been so extensively repaired---and then driven through a few salty
Chicago winters.  The problems had been mostly hidden by the liberal
coating of Ziebart goop. With all the $$$ I have in the interior and
engine, it seems only right to find a proper set of sheet metal.  Sooo...

WANTED:  TR6 BODY AND/OR FRAME AND/OR INDIVIDUAL STRAIGHT FENDERS.

I.e., if you see one with a blown engine/drivetrain or whose interior
caught fire, etc. please let me know!!  I'm even willing to travel
reasonably long distances for really good stuff.   I do have a good pair of
doors, a bonnet, and trunk lid; and the left front fender is pretty good.
I'd love to get the new fenders that TRF, etc. sells, but I think I might
be able to find several used panels for the price of one of the new ones.

BTW, there was a '66 TR4 in our local paper a couple of weeks ago for $650;
I called, but it was already gone.  I think my wife was glad...

Lee M. Daniels - |  daniels@lmsbvx.tamu.edu  |  (409) 845-3726