Carb problems

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Carb problems
From: william sadler <wsadler@copper.ucs.indiana.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1991 13:54:37 -0500
DW asked me to post this for him.   He may be right since I disabled all
my smog pump stuff by plugging it up, but the charcola breather canister is st
connected to the carbs.

WIll

>From DWILSON@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU Mon Oct 21 12:58:50 1991
Re: Carb backfires.
a friend of mine had twin SUs on an old Volvo.  It ran fine at idle but had no
power, jumped, surged, and was very erratic when you drive it.  The problem was
that the crankcase breather (or at least one tube in the system) was hooked
up to the carb (to burn the shit that the crankcase produces so you do not let
it go into the air).  The crankcase emissions were so much or something else in
the crankcase system was wrong so that it put too much shit into the intake
gasses so it was not burning air and fuel with alittle crankcase shit but
alittle air and fuel with alot of crankcase shit.  He just disconnected the
tube into the intake system and the car runs great.

Could you post this to the mailing list as for some reason I am having problems
with the address.

Cheers DW