Classic Auto Insurance

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Classic Auto Insurance
From: btufts@keps.kodak.com (Bob Tufts)
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 91 14:18:38 EDT

I had posted some info a while back that Lotus Limited (non-profit club)
made arrangements to get a group policy that wouldn't have the limitations
of a "J.C. Taylor" type policy for its members. Anoter push came from Lotus Cars
USA that found people were reluctant to buy a $60K Turbo Esprit and have to
pay $6K plus in premiums for something that was driven around 5K a year.
Contact was made with Lloyds of London who did research on all Lotus cars and
determined that on items such as collisions and theft that the typical insurance
stereotype was way out to lunch for the risk/price factor.  (fire may be
something else on the older cars..:-) :-)   ..the new cars being much better
here.
Anyways, a reasonable sliding scale policy has been worke out (no fixed milage
limit, but "show-only cars" get a better break)

In my opinion J.C. Taylor policies are too unrealistic unless you are "show
-only".

I wouls try to see if your national car club has a "group" rate policy.