Re: plastic windows

To: muller@sunrise.alliant.com
Subject: Re: plastic windows
From: jtc@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (James TenCate)
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 91 10:20:34 -0500
I've actually used some of that Novus Plastic polish (TRF sells it)
on the windows of my TR8.  It works quite nicely.  My windows were pretty
cloudy and now I can see out of them!  There are two kinds:  one's
got abrasives for removing small scratches, the other is more of
a polish.  It's cheap too.  Try it and see if you're satisfied with
the results.  It did not get out some of the deep scratches but it
did pretty well.  We even tried it on my friend Pete's TR6.  His windows
were perfectly yellow.  Didn't work very well on that.

BTW, you can get the stuff lots of other places other than TRF.
We have a place in town called the Container Store which sells
all sorts of storage things (kind of a yuppy-like store).  They
had it.  Call around.  You may be able to find it locally.  It's supposed
to work on plexiglass too...

jim
jatc@emx.utexas.edu