Desperately Seeking Grommets

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Desperately Seeking Grommets
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@dtc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 91 16:43:10 pdt
The clutch and brake pedals on my snake are made of aluminum.  To
slightly retard wear and to provide friction, 1/2" holes are drilled in
both pedals near their tops and bottoms where a drivers foot tends to
make the most contact.  These holes have rubber grommets in them which
function as pedal pads.  To me they appear to be standard black rubber
chassis or bulkhead wire or cable feedthrough grommets.  All of the
grommets on my pedals are worn and need to be replaced.  I've checked
several hardware stores and a couple of electronics supply stores in the
area but none of them carried the size I need.  I've found grommets for
1/2" diameter holes but none to fit a wall thickness of ~3/16".  Mostly
they are for thin sheet metal thicknesses though I did find some here at
HP for a 1/4" wall thickness.  These are a tad loose but I'll use them
if I can't find the correct size.  Surely there is some place here in
the south Bay that carries a larger selection of these grommets.  BTW,
I've already tried Fry's and Radio Shack.

Roland Dudley
cobra@hpcdcsn.dtc.HP.COM
CSX2282