Re: Interesting Tire Question

To: muller@sunrise.alliant.com
Subject: Re: Interesting Tire Question
From: pwv@tc.fluke.COM (Pat Vilbrandt)
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 91 13:12:29 PDT
> From: Jim Muller <muller@sunrise.alliant.com>  (he's baaaaackkkk!!)
> [Lots of interesting suspension & tyre stuff, but little that sheds any
>  real light on Steve's problem.  (Hi Jim!  Welcome back! :-)  And then:]
>
> That leaves us with some tire factor.  Normally I'd guess you did the
> right thing to put the bigger tires on the rear, but there are several
> other possibilities.  We don't know what kind of tires these were, so
> it's possible that the new rears just don't grip as well (run with
> higher slip angles), maybe because of a harder tread material or more-
> flexible sidewalls, [...]

How 'bout the old 145-13's were bias ply, and the new 155's are radial???
That's my guess anyway.  The radical difference in sidewall stiffness
betwixt the two would be enough to give me the willies, much less my car...

> Enough BS'ing.
>
> Go out and drive or get some work done!

Yah!

> Jim Muller
> (It's nice to be back.)

Good to see you (metaphorically) back!

   Pat Vilbrandt       John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.        Everett, Washington USA
UUCP: pwv@tc.fluke.COM  or: { uunet, uw-beaver, sun, microsoft }!fluke!pwv
ARPA: fluke!pwv@uw-beaver.ARPA