Some notes

To: autox, sol
Subject: Some notes
From: mjb (Mark Bradakis)
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 91 01:02:27 -0600
Wading through almost a week's worth of mail (600+ messages, 1.5 megs) I did
notice a few things.  I don't want to post the complete intro files, I'll just
highlight some things.  For instance, one message which had about 10 lines of
included text, 2 lines of new text and a 10 line signature.  Many messages
which are exactly the same as another message, except for a few well hidden
lines.  One in particular was about 100 lines long, with less than 10 lines
of new material.  One example from last week was where a fellow quoted in its
entirety a message which was 90% about one subject, and had a short comment at
the end.  Did the second poster really need to repeat the 90% of the original
which had no bearing on his comments about the last 10%?  Haven't you folks
figured out the magic of editors that not only allow insertion, but deletion?

Of course, there were many good articles and worthwhile comments.  I'd hate to
start missing those because the sheer daily volume of drivel and noise becomes
overwhelming.

mjb.