Batteries, or Sluggish Hot

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Batteries, or Sluggish Hot
From: Jerry Kaidor <Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
Date: 30 Aug 91 09:47:20
        Reply to:   Batteries, or Sluggish Hot Start
This is not the first time I've heard of engines being harder to crank when
hot.  I used to have a '67 Cadillac that did that.  The first start in the
morning was never any problem.  But if the engine was hot, the starter could
barely crank it.  I never really looked at it because it never failed to start,
and the car was a beater anyway.    I just figured that the hot engine was
harder to turn, although I never really understood why.  One of my suspicions,
was that the cylinders only developed full compression with the engine up to
temp.

      - Jerry