Portland ABFM; Triumphs; SOL

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Portland ABFM; Triumphs; SOL
From: pwv@tc.fluke.com (Pat Vilbrandt)
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 91 15:35:18 PDT
I was planning on attending the All British Field Meet next weekend, but, alas,
it looks like it'll be another couple of weeks before I get the TR4 back
together again.  (It's close - I'm well into the "put it all back together
again" phase.  I borrowed a sand blasting attachment from Tim Keene last
week (Thanks Tim!) and spent most of the weekend chasing away Rust Demons &
filling my driveway with the better part of a 100# bag of silica sand!  I'll
post a more complete summary of all I've done to get Gretel back on the road
soon!  No, really!  I will!)

To those of you who are going:  Have a good time in Portland this weekend!

To Robert Nielson:  I remember you mentioning that you will be traveling
down from BC to Portland - If you would like a respite during your long trek,
we're just off I-5 between Everett and Seattle.  You're welcome to stop by
for a short while or even for an overnight.  I also just happen to have a 1/4
BBL. of Washington's newest micro-brew (Roslyn Brewing Co's "Roslyn Beer") in
the Biermeister in the garage available for sampling - the proprietor is a
good friend - my garage is the only place you can get it outside of Roslyn!
I'll admit that it's pretty decadent to be able to "pull a cool one" while
contemplating the next bit of restoration work to tackle on the TR!

Enough digression...

On the nefarious SOL ID project:

Yes, Ed, I still have all the stuff!  I could even provide color separation
transparencies if necessary.  I've done some looking into production costs for
T-shirts & patches, but haven't done much else.  For shirts, set up would be
$50-$75, and shirts would run $7-$9 each, depending on style, etc.   I'd
need to get a firm quote on a patch, but ballpark numbers would be $100
setup for the stitching, and ~$2 each for the patches (100's).

If you need any help Ed, or want me to pursue this further, give me a shout!

   Pat Vilbrandt       John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.        Everett, Washington USA
UUCP: pwv@tc.fluke.COM  or: { uunet, uw-beaver, sun, microsoft }!fluke!pwv
ARPA: fluke!pwv@uw-beaver.ARPA
   (206) 745-2210 hm.
   (206) 356-5282 wk.