California Dreamer

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: California Dreamer
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@dtc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 91 08:51:32 pdt
Over the past few weeks our great state has suffered a rash of
disastrous chemical spills, but again, California has managed to
maintain is position as a trend setter even in this unlikely category.
This morning I heard an announcement on the radio that a road in the
Napa Valley had to be closed because of a wine spill.  Talk about a
about a disaster, Caltran was reportedly soaking up the spill with sand.
The report didn't mention whether red or white wine was involved but the
spill did occur on Zinfandel Way.  I have my suspicions.

What does this have do with Brit cars?  Nothing at all as far as I know
but I'll try work something in anyway by recommending that those of you
on the list planning to visit the Bay Area include a tour of the Napa
Valley in your itinerary if possible.  There are plenty of nice roads to
drive and some of the best vineyards in the country to visit.  I have
a wine book at home I couldn't resist buying because it has a picture on
the cover of a red Mark II Cobra driving down one of these roads with a
vineyard in fall foliage in the background.  My California dream.

Roland Dudley
cobra@hpcdcsn.dtc.HP.COM
CSX2282