MGD??

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: MGD??
From: Timothy Lyle Smith <tsmith@plains.nodak.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1991 21:28:10 -0500
  A while back there was a posting about BL possibly creating an MGD to
  try and capture some of the little sports car market.  Could somebody
  please send me a good pointer to the article(magazine,date,page??)?

  Other:
    Parts just came in for my engine rebuild.  Bill so far is $364 and
    the end is yet to come.  Tommorrow I get to take the engine block
    in to get the cam bearings installed, block surfaced, honing and a
    possible boiling out.  I figure that since I bought the car it has
    probably cost about 2 times it's purchase price, in 5 years.  Is
    this common or am I just blessed with making parts changes along
    with the oil?  It does make me wonder why I still have the car...

  Tim

  PS: How does a person take the nut off the camshaft?  I figure that I'm
      going to have to buy a cheap 1 5/16 socket and ground the chamfer off
      before it will fit tight enough to actually help me get the nut off.