TR6 Seatcovers

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM (TR Group)
Subject: TR6 Seatcovers
From: Larry Gillam <mit-eddie!hpfcpe.fc.hp.com!gillam@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 90 9:15:07 MDT
        I just received the seat covers for my '72 TR6 and I'm looking
        forward to getting them installed! However, being the anal retentive
        TR owner that I am, the orginal, black covers that I ordered have
        the heat embossed diamond pattern alright, but the hole in the center
        of those diamonds is missing. I want the hole there, so I was
        thinking of ways of putting the hole inside the diamonds(hole punch,
        hot needle, etc.).

        Question - Has anyone found an elegant solution already?

        Also, if you have any general tips on replacing seat covers, I'd
        like to hear it. I was planning on replacing them myself, but when
        I removed the ~15 pieces from the box, I started to have second
        thoughts.

        Question - Should I be thinking of finding a good upholstery shop?

                                        Larry Gillam
                                        Loveland, Colo.