Re: Elan Headlamps

To: sol@hoosier
Subject: Re: Elan Headlamps
From: mit-eddie!CC.UTAH.EDU!LYE_J%WUMS.BITNET@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 90 20:29 CST

Hi all,
        Those "miniature Heim Joints" that are made out
of plastic with a socket for a ball joint to fit  into
are actually fairly standard control rod fittings.  Fairly
standard, at least, if you are into oldish, large power
boats.  Years ago, I managed a marine supply store and the
first time someone came in looking for fittings for
his power boat, I noticed the resembalance to the
throttle linkage on my TR-3.  So try checking with
a large marine or boating store nearby for your
Lotus parts.
                        Good luck,
                        John