Re: Oh, lordy... [was: heresy]

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Oh, lordy... [was: heresy]
From: mit-eddie!math-cs.kent.edu!bailey@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Jeff Bailey)
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 90 20:19:39 EDT

> I've got a 1965 Chevelle Super Sport that needs a bunch
> of work done to its engine.
>
> Anyone got a Jaguar motor they'd like to swap for an
> L-78 283 that needs some valve work?
>
> --Scott "Now THAT'S a Fizzball Tow Car" Fisher

You have an SS Chevelle with only a 283 in it? It should have at
least a 396! The SS 396's would blow the doors off of just about
anything, assuming you're into that sort of thing :-)
I've got an overbored 350 just itchin' for a late 60's Camaro.
One thing at time though.
I still have to put the five speed back together out of my TR7 so I
can get it back on the road. It sat on the floor all the time I was
rebuilding the engine and then when I drained it before reinstalling
the engine the oil didn't look so great. Turned out to be normal
wear (over 70K now). I ordered new bearings and synchros though while
it was open. Those little fiber gears in the oil pump were pretty well
shot too. Summer just keeps ticking by...

--
Jeff Bailey (JRB71) (System Administrator)  <bailey@math-cs.kent.edu>
Kent State University