Re: Sunbeam Alpine

To: sol@hoosier
Subject: Re: Sunbeam Alpine
From: mit-eddie!hoosier.utah.edu!mjb@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Mark Bradakis)
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 90 13:53:56 -0600
TJ sez:

::  But Alpines don't have the macho image or racing heritage of those other
::  two [MG & TR].  If you want to race, I wouldn't get an Alpine.

Oddly enough, here in the Utah region of the SCCA, there is a very close battle
for first place in the DSP Solo II class.  If I win all of the next four races
in my TR4A, AND Roger in his Sunbeam Alpine doesn't get any finish higher than
third, I will end up with 256 points, he will have 255.  Fat Chance!

But in truth, the Alpine really is not as powerful as the TR, and by next year
if I continue with developing The White Car it will not be so close.  But it
sure is fun having a real points battle going on!

Another point, the Alpine usually has three drivers at each event, Roger, Fritz
and Roger's wife Jill.  That car seems to be indestructable!

mjb.