Re: TR-6 questions, really "factory aftermarket" stuff

To: sol@hoosier
Subject: Re: TR-6 questions, really "factory aftermarket" stuff
From: mit-eddie!hoosier.utah.edu!mjb@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Mark Bradakis)
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 90 17:11:11 -0600
Previous discussions say:

> 1)  What do the factory alloy wheels look like?

        These don't sound like factory wheels.  As far as Mitch knows, there
        were only two kinds: spokes and (I forget what he called them) normal.
        Maybe someone did it right when they bought aftermarket wheels and
        got all five.

There was a failry large selection of parts which were not really made by
the Triumph "factory", but were available from TR dealers on the cars.  These
were mostly competition oriented stuff, things like the alloy wheels, oil
coolers [Really a BL item?] and such.  A lot of these are the V-NNN parts,
mentioned in all the competition prep manuals.  So there are "factory"
wheels, which as Mitch says, were never made by Triumph, but were available
on new Triumphs as dealer installed options.  If these parts did count as
stock items under SCCA solo rules, I'd order an S-2 cam, some uprated valve
springs, alloy retainers, 4.87 gears and make a *killer* ES TR6!

Actually I, well, at this point, Chris Kent, am in the process of attempting
to confirm if these 8 spoke Minilite style mag wheels were made by American
Racing Equipment, or American Eagle Wheels.  If anything interesting turns up,
we'll let you folks know.

mjb.