Re: Slick 50 ?

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Slick 50 ?
From: mit-eddie!wsl.dec.com!kent@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 90 15:33:10 PDT
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall that this
(as opposed to the molybdenum sulfide based additives) is bad shit, and
to be avoided. The basic problem seems to be that the particles of
teflon are large enough to block the oil filter, and rather than
reducing friction, it has been known to reduce or completely block oil flow.

Then again, maybe I have it backwards, and it's the molybdenum sulfide
based additives that clog the filter and Slick 50 that's good....

chris