Flaky Idle

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Flaky Idle
From: mit-eddie!EBay.Sun.COM!mutchler@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Dan Mutchler)
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 90 07:09:29 PDT
Well, both carbs got rebuilt this weekend, and my new choke seems
to work fine, but I still have a problem with idle. The TR7 has
never wanted to settle into a constant idle. When I disengage the
clutch the RPM usually dives to about 400 RPM then slowly builds back
up to 1200 RPM. Letting the clutch out in neutral adds another 200
RPM to the idle. On cool mornings the idle will fluctuate about 200
RPM constantly.

So what gives here? The carb pistons seemed to move freely and
I'm using 10W30 in the dampers. This is turning into a real annoying
problem.

Thanks

Dan Mutchler                       | ARPA/Internet:  mutchler@EBay.Sun.COM
Sun Federal System Engineer        | UUCP:           ...!sun!mutchler
Any clod can have the facts, but having opinions is an Art.
        H.L. Mencken