Rubber B Bumpers (was Oddball)

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Rubber B Bumpers (was Oddball)
From: "You Know Who" <mit-eddie!PSUVM.PSU.EDU!GGN100@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 90 14:34 EDT
     While there are probably quite a few differences in the mounting of
rubber bumpers to a 70 BGT, it is not unheard of in racing circles. I seem
to recall that when the new bumpers were added to the B, Gruop 44 had converted
an old MGB over to the new look. Midget 1500 racers usually replaced the
steel beam found inside the bumper with wood or foam. Andy, you might just want
to get the cover, and make up the brackets yourself.
     Another thing you could do, if the rules allow, is remove the bumpers
altogether (this is a EP car, right?) The factory B's rarely ran with the
bumpers on. You might try replacing the front spash pan with a vertical air-
dam. Of course, this does nothing to close that gaping hole called a grille
on the 70 B (my dad wants to know why they swiped it off the Fiat 2000!).
     After that little incident with the tree, I could have used both the
bumper and grill right now, but I can't find a rubber bumper around here for
the life of me. (sigh)

|GREG NAGY                      /---------------\       | "Whaddya mean |
|GGN100@PSUVM.PSU.EDU         //     || |      \  \     |'We're out of  |
|PENN STATE UNIV.     ( /--\  |  177  |       /--\  B|  |and push...We  |
|MCKEESPORT CAMPUS    D| () | |_______|      | () | /   |can still zero |