Autocross Rules

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Autocross Rules
From: mit-eddie!EBay.Sun.COM!mutchler@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Dan Mutchler)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 90 09:14:54 PDT
I have the opportunity to pick up a 75 Spit for ~$500 which is in
fairly reasonable condition. The owner is dumping it because he
can't get it started due to carb problems (it has some Weber
imitation on it). The car will not pass California smog without
serious rework. There is a header, non-standard exhaust, and
non-standard manifold and carb on the car at the moment.

I was struck with the idea of never actually putting it back in
street legal form but using it for Autocrossing in an open class
or maybe even road rallies although I'm very aware of the
shortcoming Spits have on the road surfaces encountered in rallies.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions along these lines?

Thanks

Dan Mutchler                       | ARPA/Internet:  mutchler@EBay.Sun.COM
Sun Federal System Engineer        | UUCP:           ...!sun!mutchler
Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box.
Religion is the smile on a dog.
                           Edie Brickell