Clutch spring

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Clutch spring
From: Roland Dudley <mit-eddie!dtc.hp.com!cobra@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 90 17:21:55 pdt
>I also lost a spring from the clutch pedal on the inside of the car.  It
>appears to give the pedal tension to pull it back.  The nut rusted
>through and it landed on my foot and rolled away.  Does anyone happen
>to know off-hand what size this spring would be?

>Thanks
>Laura
>lswanson@TheImprov.ncsa.uiuc.edu

I'm currently rebuilding all of the hydraulics on my car and while I was
removing the master cylinders, I noticed that the clutch pedal spring
was broken.  I checked it against the one for the brake pedal and it
appears to be the same size.  Most hardware stores stock a variety of
springs so that's as good a place as any to get another one.  I took my
old one along for a size comparison so you could use the one for your
brake pedal (assuming it has one) as a reference.  Most of the springs I
saw at the hardware store came in a package of two so you might just as
well do both at the same time.  If one broke, the other one is probably
about ready to also.

Roland Dudley
cobra@hpcilan.hp.com