Whitworth revisited

To: alliant!alliant.com!british-cars@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Subject: Whitworth revisited
From: sgi!pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 90 13:13:18 CDT
Moss has straightened out my problem with the Whitworth wrench.  They
were very nice about it.  When they sent the right wrench, it was
cheaper than the first one.  They actually sent $1.60 in CASH
AMERICAN right in the shipping packet.  No credits or checks, cash
money.  No charge for shipping.  One of their guys, identified as
Michael II (that's "two") asked me to send another copy of the page in
Machinery's Handbook.  They believe me about this and are trying to
noodle out what the heck is going on with the wrench markings.  Maybe
we'll see a note in their newletter.  The Net strikes again.
--
phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov    In real life: Phil Ethier
 (612) 298-5324