TVR Club in UK

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: TVR Club in UK
From: Roland Dudley <mit-eddie!dtc.hp.com!cobra@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 90 14:39:08 pdt
Steve Valin:

>My TVR has an MGA 1500 engine with a strange number on it.  The number is
>IH-HCS-42223.  This is not a standard MG type number.  The engine is
>definitely an MG engine with 1500 in large friendly letters on the left side.
>The number is on a plate that is riveted to the block (or maybe it was the
>head).  Does anybody know why this number is not in standard MG format?

>I'm still looking for the VIN number on the car.  Does anyone, especially those
>in England, know the phone number, or better, the FAX number, for TVR Cars.
>They used to be in Blackpool, England. I might have to give them a call to
>find out where the VIN number is.

Found this in the June issue of THOROUGHBRED & CLASSIC CARS (page 238).

         TVR Car Club
         TVRCC
         The Green, Inkberrow
         Worcs, WR7 4JF
         U.K.
         Tel: Colin Lyons
         071-474 6141 Mon-Fri 10am-4pm (local)

Don't forget the international phone code prefix which is 011 for the
U.K., I believe.  The time difference here on the west coast is 9 hours.
Sorry I don't have a number for a US club.

Sometimes a club is your best source of information regarding details
about component I.D.  or the location of a VIN number.  These are
important details to enthusiast (who may have to register or
authenticate his car) but may just be trivial book-keeping details to
marketing and manufacturing people.  Plus you'll most likely get a
quicker, friendlier response from a club.

There was also an ad in the same magazine for a company (in England)
that specializes in pre-1980 TVR parts.  I'll e-mail it or post it if you
or anyone else is interested.

Roland Dudley
cobra@hpcilan.hp.com