Austin-Healy (Bugeye) Sprite Info

Subject: Austin-Healy (Bugeye) Sprite Info
From: Darrell Walker <mit-eddie!denim.hp.com!walker@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 89 12:56:40 PST
Well, the british car bug has bitten my wife.  She has decided that
she needs a Bugeye Sprite (she is even willing to learn how to shift
a manual transmission for this!).

Since I know very little about Austin-Healys in general, and Sprites
in particular, I am looking for answers to these questions:

1.  Are any differences between the different years (58-61?) of the
    Sprint mk I?

2.  Any particular trouble spots to check?

3.  Who are the main parts sources for them?

4.  Can a person who is 5'11" (me) drive one comfortably?  (I know its for
    my wife, but...)

5.  Any information on national AH or sprite clubs would be appreciated,
    as well as pointers to any books about the sprite.

Thanks,
--

Darrell Walker
walker@denim.hp.com (hplabs!denim!walker)