[Bricklin] White 1975 Bricklin for sale

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Bricklin] White 1975 Bricklin for sale
From: "JLC" <breton48@live.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 07:53:27 -0600
Folks, I bought a Corvette as my new toy, so the Bricklin just sits in the
garage and has to go. I advertised it here a few weeks ago, and here it is
again, at a reduced price.

White 1975 Bricklin SV1 #2121 for sale - 81,000 miles, two owners (same
family) - $8,500.  Car is in the Black Forest near Colorado Springs.

Full history since new - first owner (my father in law) bought the car from
dealer in Midland, Texas, registered it in So Cal, and drove it 79,000 miles
in ten years.  After several failures of the hydraulic door opening system,
the car sat in his So Cal garage from Spring 1985 till August 2007, when I
acquired it. I had the car worked on in a Riverside (CA) shop, and moved
shortly after getting the car back (in Spring 2008) to Colorado. I have the
following documents from the original owner: sale documents from Texas,
various bills including installation of a new engine in 1979, two workshop
manuals, and the owner's manual with notes regarding maintenance done from
new till the car was put in storage in 1985. I also have a folder with the
wiring diagrams. Body is straight and frame has no rust. I have the receipts
for all the work done since 2007. Car has a clear Colorado title, and I have
a copy of the original California title.

The bad:

Ammeter not working (I have a spare to install) - I am using a battery
monitor plugged in an electrical outlet (added under passenger dash in 2008)

Door wiring on passenger door needs replacing (solenoid clicking when
opening)

Fuel sender unit (in gas tank) not working

Driver door's skin coming loose   (I have the adhesive to fix that)

Outside door switches do not work

Wheels need two new center caps (two good ones, one cracked, one missing)

The good:

In 2007 and 2008:

Engine/accessories work done:  new freeze plugs, new water pump, new  timing
cover, new  timing chain kit, new timing cover and valve cover gasket sets,
new  intake and exhaust  manifold gasket sets,  new oil pan gasket set, new
high flow oil pump, new thermostat,  new water pump outlet with gasket,  new
main crankshaft bearing set, new rod bearings  set, carburetor rebuild kit,
new carburetor float,  new rear main seal,  new fuel pump,  new heater core,
new air conditioning compressor (high output),  new A/C high pressure hose,
rebuild receiver drier,  ducting for air conditioning redone to line up
properly, new heavy duty blower motor with fan. Cylinder heads
reconditioned, including:  machining of heads and valves, new gasket set,
new hardened push rods, valve seats recut and hardened, new thermal vacuum
switches, new spark plugs.

Recored heavy duty radiator, 16" electric pusher fan with fan relay, all new
water hoses and fan belt. Inside trim replaced, including recovering the
seats, with original materials.

New air door system with two remotes, new wiring for driver's door, windows
reglued and regulators repaired, new door switches. Brakes: new master
cylinder, new front brake hoses, new rear wheels bearings/brake
cylinders/adjusters/hoses. New radio and speakers (I kept the original
radio).

Four new tires (Dunlop GT Qualifiers P265/60R15), and donut spare wheel with
new tire and cover matching the interior carpeting.

In 2009:

New brake power booster, new front brake pad, new suspension bushings and
KYB shocks, new pitman arm, new upper and lower ball joints.  Fuel tank
cleaned and lined, new rubber fuel lines.  New gel cell battery.  New
windshield washer bottle and pump.  All fluids (oil, water, transmission,
brakes) and filters (fuel, air, oil) have been changed at least once since
2008.

If interested, please contact me by email.  Will send photos upon request.

JLC
Bricklin@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47