[Bricklin] Bricklin Car Project For Sale

To: bricklin mail gp <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Bricklin] Bricklin Car Project For Sale
From: "S. George Schiro" <gschiro@localdialup.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 16:26:24 -0400
Hi Everyone,

I am moving from Michigan to England early next year and 1974 Vin 678
can't come with me.  I am half way through a frame-off restoration.  The
car is completely apart.  The frame is in excellent condition with the
exception of the rear upper shock mount that I have re-fabricated with
heavier steel but not yet welded into place.   Also, there is one tiny
stress crack in the passenger side shock tower that can be easily
welded.  Everything else is solid.  I have disassembled the front
suspension and have new ball joints.  I have retained the original power
steering box and pump as well as the York A/C compressor.  The chassis
is also in excellent condition.  I built a special dolly to move it
about and make working on it easier.

I sold the original seats (to John Blair) but have two Fiero seats (one
needing new padding and cover).  As for the body, I have all the panels,
which were originally white and had been painted black.  I have had the
paint and acrylic sand blasted off and top coated with an epoxy primer.
That should eliminate the cracking problem and provide a good base for
future painting.  I have two rear hatches and two hoods and all the
glass is in excellent condition.  Basically you just have to assemble
and paint to complete.  I have the correct B F Goodrich radial T/As
mounted on real Dayton wire wheels.

As for the engine and transmission, I disposed of the old AMC 360 and
went with a Chevy small block 305 bored out to 310 cubic inches.  My
design criteria were absolute reliability, good mileage and 300 HP.  I
chose the 305 over the 350 because I wanted to have a very reliable
engine and didn't want to worry about the effects of core shifting when
boring it out 0.30.    The engine has been professionally rebuilt,
balanced and blueprinted using the very best components.  Included is a
complete TPI setup with the MAF sensor and the ECM with an ADS super
chip.  There are more special details about this engine than I have
space to list here.  The engine will easily produce 300 HP and 300 foot
pounds of torque.  I have considerable reference material on the TPI
conversion was well as the usual pile of Bricklin material.

The Chevy small block is a perfect fit in the Bricklin.  Either the
existing motor mounts can be used if re-installed reversed or adapters
can be used.  The package includes a World-class T5 transmission, the
bell housing, a Centerforce clutch, and a Chevy gas tank with an in-tank
fuel pump for the TPI.   It also includes a pair of rams-horn exhaust
manifolds that flow better than headers.  The drive-shaft will need to
be a different length so I am including both the original Bricklin shaft
and a Camero drive-shaft with a T5 compatible yoke so that the shaft can
be mated to the AMC 20 differential.

I have three options.  My preference is to sell all the car and
engine/transmission to someone who wants to complete the project.  The
second is to sell the engine/transmission and the car separately.  The
third is to sell the engine/transmission and sell the car as parts.

If anyone on the forum would like additional information or is
interested in buying the complete car with the engine and transmission
as a project , please let me know.   We can discuss the price.

George Schiro

125 Park Street

Tecumseh, Michigan 49286

Tel  517-423-5961