Re: [Bricklin] Suggestion for oil pump leak

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Suggestion for oil pump leak
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 06:50:18 -0400
At 12:13 AM 9/4/2009, Greg Schroeder wrote:

 >I am still having an issue with oil dripping from one bolt on the oil pump.
 >Is there a good method to resolve this leak.  I am trying to take care of all
 >the leaks as possible.

Greg,

Here's a quick tip from the upcomming Oct issue of the magazine:

---------

'74 AMC Oil Leak
By: Milton Smith VIN 0073
Huston, TX

My car has been suffering from an oil leak which no one was
able to find. In desperation, I took it to a Rolls Royce mechanic.
He found the leak in just a few minutes.  The rear bolt for the fuel
pump in a '74, the AMC engine, goes into one of the oil galleries.
While the bolt was tight, and the gaskets were good, the oil was
seeping past the threads on the bolt. The mechanic removed the
bolt and put some RTV sealer on it, re-installed and tightened it.
Oil leak gone!

So my guess is you could use the same principle.

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229