Noisy Starting

To: Bricklin Club <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Noisy Starting
From: David Dal Bianco <david_dalbianco@yahoo.ca>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 21:15:22 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Guys,
  I've had a on and off problem when starting the Bricklin.  Maybe every 30
times I turn the ignition key, the starter gives an extremely loud
shreeking/grinding noise that makes me release the ignition key.  If I try
again, it may or may not repeat the loud noise.  Usually it is OK the second
time I turn the key.  It's definately metal on metal.  It sounds like the
starter gear is not engaging the flywheel.  Any ideas what it might be on the
360 AMC engine?  I look forward to your responses.
  Thanks,
  Dave 0016

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot
with the All-new Yahoo! Mail