R-12

To: "bricklin@autox.team.net" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: R-12
From: Les Huckins <jhuckins@cybersurfers.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 11:09:12 -0700
Here in CA you're in luck if you can get a can of Freon 12 for $30.  In
my experience old cans are just as good as new cans.   I've heard a lot
of horror stories about cans of  R-12 that were actually something
else.  Stick to name brands.  DuPont has a facility in Mexico, R-12
there is about $6 per can, that's where I get mine.

My Bricklins usually take half a can every other year, as was normal
with my other cars.  Most I've ever used on any car with a working
system was a can and a half.   Never had a compressor off and lost a
charge that way so can't answer that.

Les