RE: club membership

To: jblair1948@cox.net, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: club membership
From: "Alan Coleman" <colemaal@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 21:00:04 +0000
Very good point John...

>I realize that for many of us, finances are very tight, and car ownership
>isn't cheap.  But I think that most of the people on the mailing list and
>forum receive help that more than saves them the cost of club dues.

I'll take it one step further.  These days, $40 is nothing. Think about all
the information that is available through the club on a daily basis.  To me,
finding out about the original style seat covers that are available, and
finding out the difference between Bob's console and Terry's console was
alone worth the $40 membership.   How far would you get finding parts or
finding "how to"  information if it was not for Bricklin International???.
On top of that, there is the quarterly (award winning) magazine (edited by
John Blair), and all the meets, that are available to go, that are organized
by club members.

Think about it, that $40(US )/yr fee breaks down to $3.33 a month or $0.11 a
day.

To be blunt about it, if someone can't afford that, maybe they should think
about whether or not they can afford to own a Bricklin and maintain or
restore it.

Alan Coleman
#246 (Original Owner)