remote doors

To: "Bricklin Group" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: remote doors
From: "Rick Hayes" <rickandsue19@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:36:47 -0400
Hey everyone
 I was looking through my local surplus store catalogue and I ran across a
remote control unit for any 12v system to work locks, windows ect. The unit
has a key chain conrol that has 4 independent stations and the main unit is
very simple with just power leads and four sets of wires to correspond with
the stations. It has a range of up to 180 feet and even has a small antenna on
the key chain control you can extend. I tested it out and the range is as
said. Each button is an on \ off ,clicking one for on and again for off ,
perfect for controlling the doors of the Bricklin. With 4 buttons 2 buttons
for each door (one up , one down) should do the trick. The key chain control
even has an off switch to prevent accidental activation. It should be a simple
matter to hook into the switches on the doors ( or the inside switches) as
soon as I get time I will install it and will let everyone know how it
went................Oh by the way the best part is it was fairly cheap.

Rick Hayes
vin#782
www.drive.to/ricksbrick