RE: Rubber hoses

To: jblair1948@cox.net, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Rubber hoses
From: "MK F" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 08:43:41 +0000
>There's a little rubber hose that goes from the fan motor back to the
>heater box.  The AMCs only used this hose on heater systems with A/C.
>I have a couple of them but they are a little hard.  I broke one trying
>to put it on and I don't want to break another one.
>
>Anyone know of a way to make old rubber more plyable?
>
>I was thinking of put one in some water and heating in the microwave.
>Then once it's hot, I thought I'd spray it with either WD-40 or Silicone
>spray to try and soften them up.
>
>Any better ideas?

I don't thnnk I would use wd40 -- that would destroy it.  I have never found
anything to redo rubber or vinyl, like dash pads and stuff.  As a matter of
fact, now that I think of it, on some rare speakers that I have, the rubber
around the base speakers deteriorates from age and replacement kits are sold
to replace it. Nothing to repair or redo it that I am aware of. Kim