Re: 2450

To: "'Bricklin@autox.team.net'" <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2450
From: "Riesinger, James A. DOC" <James.Riesinger@doc.state.wi.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 15:01:42 -0600
           Good day to all. Once again as I attempt to put 2450 back
together I hit another gremlin. It is starting to take shape and look like a
car again. I tried to get it to start yesterday and have a very annoying
electrical problem. I can not get it to turn over from the key switch . When
I turn the key to start I read only 4.65 volts at the wire that is suppose
to activate the solenoid. Therefore it will not engage the solenoid. But to
make matters worse when I have the key to on and use a remote starter switch
it will fire up but the starter stays engaged and continues cranking the
engine over even after the remote start is disengaged. I pulled the ignition
module off the column and attempted to trace the wires from there. I tried
putting power to the blue wire from the module and that didn't work then I
tapped a wire from the there directly to the solenoid and that turned the
car over but once again the starter continued to crank over even after I let
off the key .  Does any one have any more ideas I also disconnected the
neutral safety switch and that had no effect.I am stumped and frustrated.
And yes I have cleaned every ground I could find.