Re: Oil Pan

To: <grants@unb.ca>
Subject: Re: Oil Pan
From: "High Tech Coatings" <Htc@MNSi.Net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 12:41:02 -0500
 I haven't done this repair in the car so I can't tell you how much you have
to lift or even if it can be done! But keep in mind that the oil pump sits
very close to the bottom of the pan at the front of the engine. This means
that the pan will have to come almost straight down the depth of the front
of the pan ( about 6") and the oil pan sits very close to the crossmember.
as for gaskets, all major brands are about the same for quality. If the leak
is in the side rail try to find a set of stiffener rails, I believe Ford
Motorsports has them. At very least make sure that the mounting flanges of
the pan are flat and not warped from previous over tightening. and don't
over tighten the new gasket, just because a little is good, a lot is not
automatically better.