Bricklines on CDs

To: "bricklin@autox.team.net" <bricklin@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Bricklines on CDs
From: Les Huckins <jhuckins@cybersurfers.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 20:12:07 +0000
Just got hold of an evaluation copy of the 25 years plus of the
Brickline magazines on 8 CDs.  You get exactly what you think you're
getting, every item in every magazine, the graphics are good the
reproductions are good.  It is PDF format.  You select the issue, you
page down and you turn pages.  Pictures are full size.  It is a labor of
love, no way to realize a return on the hours spent given the potential
market for the product.  It is a monumental individual effort, I doubt
that anyone else in the Bricklin brotherhood would have been willing and
able to take on such a task...I am impressed!

The index is the standard index we probably all have by now, it is
offered on the first disk with the suggestion to print it out.  All CD
magazine pages are printable, you can do this with the regular magazines
and a scanner of course, the thing here is that everything is together
and in order.  To be fair, Microsoft could have put out a fancier
version but for a nuts and bolts rendering by a Bricklin enthusiast I
seriously doubt anyone else will better this offering.  116 magazines on
8 CDs, offered on eBay for $100, think what it would have cost you by
the issue had you been paying all these years.  The CDs are the finest
quality available, not something from cheap Sam's, all packed up in a
neat little plastic case.

Adobe Acrobat reader is everywhere and free download if you don't have
it yet.

If you have any questions, ask me, I will answer as best I can.  I will
be returning these Wednesday morning.